Thursday, April 24, 2008

VA - B.O.N.I.S. EP

PhotobucketPhotobucket

This is the B.O.N.I.S. Records Sampler EP released in '96. The artists featured on this EP are O Da Addict, Rukus, and Just Shawn. The a side is O Da Addict's side and it's got the tracks Brand Names and If You Don't Know. Brand Names is a really dope song with a pretty unique concept. Through out the song O incorporates as many other rappers names as he can, into his rhymes. I've counted 51 different names in the song but theres most likely more. Try and count and see how many you get. The song Brand Names was produced by O Da Addict and Just Shawn. O's second song is If You Don't Know, witch was produced by Jamil Ingram and Just Shawn. The other side has the track Trapped Inside by the female MC Rukus and Just For A look by Just Shawn both produced by Jamil Ingram. Trapped Inside and Brand Names are my favorite tracks on this 12".

B.O.N.I.S. EP

(File Front) B.O.N.I.S. EP

2 comments:

Tonysunshine said...

I had this record on my list of joints to review lol I'll scratch it off now, but good post. Nice review, too. Props

ILLustrious said...

yo byl, thanks for this one man! i have never heard of it, and if it was on the list of stuff for tony to review, it MUST be good! haha
props fam